If you want a hot hearty soup, cook Ukrainian Borsch with Plum Sauce and prunes on lamb broth. The taste is different from anything you’ve tried so far.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Place the meat in a crockpot and cover with cold water. Put the broth on medium heat and cook for at least an hour.
- Wash and clean all vegetables well. Cut the potatoes into slices and put them into the crockpot.
- Next, take a frying pan put it on medium heat, grease it with sunflower oil. Cut the onion, garlic, carrot, and beetroot into strips. Dip in turn in the frying pan and let the vegetables brown a little.
- While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the plum sauce. Grind the prunes, pour in the tomato sauce and plum jam. Then pour the sauce over the fried vegetables and mix well.
- Simmer the vegetables in the sauce for 15 minutes with the open lid and stir to evaporate the moisture. After that, pour the contents of the pan into the crockpot and pour in the white beans too.
- After 15 minutes, cut the cabbage into strips and add it to the borscht. Salt and pepper to taste, chop the parsley and the dish is ready to serve.
Why Ukrainian Borsch with Plum Sauce is good for you?
Video by Foods4Health
- If you do not have time to fry vegetables and sauce, put them initially in a crockpot, add beans, cabbage, cover with water and cook for an hour. The taste will be different, the cabbage will be softer. But it will also be delicious. Don’t forget to salt before serving.
- If you want to prepare borsch at home, you can buy a crockpot with a capacity of at least 3 liters.
- Try to choose plum jam without sugar for the sauce, so the borscht will have a sour, but not sweet taste.
- Buy a piece of lamb with a bone in your butcher shop or store to make the broth rich.
- If you want to get a more delicious broth, boil the meat on the bone longer.