This is a very tasty sauce with khmeli-suneli that will complement the taste of any dish that involves adding the sauce. It will especially enrich the taste and color of any red borsch. The main element of the dish is the traditional Georgian spice Khmeli-Suneli. This spice gives the sauce its special, unique taste. If you are going to make tomato sauce according to this recipe, we highly recommend looking for this Georgian spice.
When you make the sauce and taste it, you will know what this is about. During the cooking process, you will find out that tomatoes and Georgian spices smell quite usually separately. And they take on an absolutely stunning aroma as soon as you combine them in a boiling pot.
Directions0/0 steps made
- If you are preparing the sauce for future use, not for serving, prepare four 500 ml glass canning jars.
- Wash and prepare tomatoes, bell peppers, onions. Grind them in a blender. Pass the mixture through a sieve to separate coarse particles, skins, and seeds.
- Pour the strained vegetable juice into an open saucepan. Add salt, sugar, paprika powder, dry chili powder, Khmeli-Suneli.
- Cook for about an hour, stirring occasionally. Add lemon juice. And remove the sauce from the stove. Cool for half an hour.
- Pour into sterilized jars. Cover tightly with lids. Turn the jars with the lids down. Cover with a thick warm cloth.
- After a day, get the jars and put them in a storage cabinet or basement.
How to cook Khmeli-Suneli:
Video by SpiceMixes