This is a very tasty sauce with Khmeli-Suneli that will complement the taste of any dish that involves adding the sauce. It will especially enrich the taste and color of any red borsch. The main element of the dish is the traditional Georgian spice Khmeli-Suneli. This spice gives the sauce its special, unique taste. If you are going to make tomato sauce according to this recipe, we highly recommend looking for this Georgian spice.
When you make the sauce and taste it, you will know what this is about. During the cooking process, you will find out that tomatoes and Georgian spices smell quite usually separately. And they take on a stunning aroma as soon as you combine them in a boiling pot.
Directions0/0 steps made
- If you want to prepare the sauce for future use, not for serving, prepare four 500 ml glass canning jars.
- Wash and prepare tomatoes, bell peppers, and onions. Grind them in a blender. Pass the mixture through a sieve to separate coarse particles, skins, and seeds.
- Pour the strained vegetable juice into an open saucepan. Add salt, sugar, paprika powder, dry chili powder, and Khmeli-Suneli.
- Cook for about an hour, stirring occasionally. Add lemon juice. And remove the sauce from the stove. Cool for half an hour.
- Pour into sterilized jars. Cover tightly with lids. Turn the jars with the lids down. Cover with a thick warm cloth.
- After a day, get the jars and put them in a storage cabinet or basement.
How to cook Khmeli-Suneli:
Khmeli-Suneli is a traditional Georgian spice blend that is known for its unique and flavorful taste. It is a mixture of different herbs, including coriander, basil, marjoram, parsley, dill, and thyme, along with fenugreek, bay leaf, and a few other spices. This spice blend is often used in Georgian cuisine and is known for its many health benefits.
One of the benefits of Khmeli-Suneli is that it is rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants are essential for protecting the body against harmful free radicals, which can damage cells and lead to various diseases. Khmeli-Suneli contains many herbs that are rich in antioxidants, including parsley, coriander, and thyme.
Another benefit of Khmeli-Suneli is that it can help boost the immune system. Many of the herbs and spices in this blend have immune-boosting properties, which can help to strengthen the body’s natural defenses against infections and diseases.
Video by SpiceMixes
Benefits of Khmeli-Suneli
Khmeli-Suneli is also known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation is a natural response of the body to injury or infection. But chronic inflammation can lead to various health problems, including arthritis and heart disease. Scientists say that Khmeli-Suneli contains herbs and spices that reduce inflammation in the body and potentially help prevent chronic diseases.
Finally, Khmeli-Suneli is a great way to add flavor to dishes without adding a lot of salt or fat. Many people today are trying to reduce their salt and fat intake. This spice can help them achieve their goal without compromising the taste. This makes it a great option for people who are trying to eat healthier or who have dietary restrictions.
Shortly, Khmeli-Suneli is a traditional Georgian spice blend with many health benefits:
- Rich in antioxidants: Contains herbs like parsley, coriander, and thyme that are rich in antioxidants, which protect the body against harmful free radicals.
- Boosts immune system: Contains herbs and spices with immune-boosting properties that help strengthen the body’s natural defenses against infections and diseases.
- Anti-inflammatory: The herbs and spices in Khmeli-Suneli have anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce inflammation in the body and prevent chronic diseases.
- Low in salt and fat: A great way to add flavor to dishes without adding a lot of salt or fat, making it a healthy option for those trying to reduce their intake of these substances.
So Khmeli-Suneli is a flavorful and healthy spice blend that can be easily incorporated into your cooking routine for its many health benefits.
Risks Associated with Khmeli-Suneli
Khmeli-Suneli is a blend of natural herbs and spices, and like any other food or dietary supplement, it comes with certain risks that should not be overlooked. Here are some of the risks associated with Khmeli-Suneli:
- Allergic Reactions. Some people may experience an allergic reaction to one or more of the herbs or spices in Khmeli-Suneli, which could lead to symptoms like hives, itching, swelling, difficulty breathing, and in severe cases, anaphylaxis.
- Interactions with Medications. Certain herbs and spices in Khmeli-Suneli can interact with medications such as blood thinners and anti-inflammatory drugs. It’s important to consult with a doctor before using Khmeli-Suneli if you are taking any medications.
- Overconsumption. Overusing Khmeli-Suneli can lead to digestive problems like nausea, diarrhea, and stomach upset. It is advisable to use this spice blend in moderation and according to the recommended guidelines.
- Contamination. During production, storage, or transport, Khmeli-Suneli can be contaminated with harmful bacteria or other substances. It’s best to buy Khmeli-Suneli from a reputable source and store it in a cool, dry place to minimize this risk.
In conclusion, it’s important to be aware of the risks associated with Khmeli-Suneli and use it responsibly. If you have any doubts or concerns, it’s best to seek advice from a healthcare professional.