There is always some turkey leftovers after Christmas and New Years’ parties. From bones and meat, you can make wonderful red borsch. And you will not lose anything. You can cook Ukrainian turkey with bacon, garlic, and prunes.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Take the turkey leftovers. Separate the meat from the bones.
- Take the bones and place them in a pot of boiling water. 3 liters of water will be enough.
- We put the pan with a capacity of 5 liters on the stove. Cook for about an hour. Let the broth cool slightly. Carefully remove the bones or drain through a sieve.
- Return the boneless broth to the stove. Add the meat cut into pieces to the broth. If garlic and prunes are leftover from the party too, you can add them. We also add bay leaves to the broth and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Cut onions, carrots, beets into small cubes. Fry until golden brown in a frying pan. Add tomato sauce. Stir for 10 minutes.
- Pour the boiling mixture into the broth.
- Cut the potatoes into small pieces. Add to the saucepan.
- After 10 minutes add chopped cabbage to the borsch.
- Add salt to taste. You do not need to pepper borsch if you cooked a spicy turkey with chili.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Serve with sour cream and herbs.
How to cook with turkey leftovers:
Video by Home of the Holidays