There are always a lot of food leftovers after Christmas and New Year’s tables that can be reused. For example, for cooking delicious and nourishing Ukrainian borsch. Here you will find the basis for the future recipe. In the link below you will find the recipe for borsch based on turkey with bacon, prunes, apples, and garlic. How to bake the turkey you can find below.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Let’s make a bacon dressing to spread the turkey with this mixture. We take bacon and calculate that for every 1 kg of turkey you need 100 grams of bacon. Remove the skin from the bacon. We need only the pulp.
- Chop the pickled peppers, remove the seeds, carefully remove the pulp of the pepper from the skin. Do not touch your eyes and nose. The pepper is really hot.
- Put prepared bacon, gripped 2 heads of garlic, pickled chili peppers, fresh parsley, salt, and curry in a blender. Grind the components until smooth.
- Wash the prunes, remove the seeds from the apples and cut off the skin, clean 2 heads of garlic. Cut it all into small slices.
- Divide the bacon mixture into two parts. Apply one part put to the turkey skin. Use the second part of the mixture to spread the turkey under the skin, having previously lifted the skin with a spoon.
- Put chopped and slightly salted apples, prunes, garlic, and bay leaves inside the turkey.
- Cover the turkey with foil. If desired, put a cooking thermometer inside to understand the even temperature inside the turkey.
- Put the dish in the oven preheated to 180°C. Our 4 kg of turkey needs to be cooked for 140-150 minutes. For each kilogram of turkey, it will take approximately 35 minutes to cook.
- Remove the foil from the turkey 10-15 minutes before the end of baking. But don’t throw it away.
- When the turkey is done, cover it with foil and a towel. Let it cool, steep, and soak in the smell and taste for 2 hours.
- You can serve the turkey to the table and decorate the dish with garlic and rosemary sprigs.
How long to cook a turkey:
Video by Food Wishes