You can cook a wonderful vegetable meal that will brighten up your dinner and go great with any porridge, mashed potatoes, or other vegetables. The highlight of this recipe is that garlic plays a dual role in it and acts in two qualities. Don’t think there is a lot of garlic here. When you eat a spoonful of this dish, you will immediately understand what we are talking about. And here we have dry Khmeli-Suneli again.
Directions0/0 steps made
Rinse and peel the tomatoes. Cut them into halves. Lightly grease a baking sheet with vegetable oil and arrange the halves.
- Preheat the oven to 120 degrees C and let them simmer for 40 minutes.
- Peel and wash the garlic. Leave one head of garlic as whole cloves. Chop the second head into small pieces. Cut the hot pepper into small rings, remove the seeds and the inside.
- Take dry Khmeli-Suneli, salt, hot pepper, whole garlic and mix with vegetable oil. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes.
Cooking stew tomatoes.
Remove the tomatoes from the oven and place them in a small baking dish. Do not turn off the oven, but raise the temperature to 180 degrees C.
- Put the first layer of tomato on the bottom of the dish and pour the mixture of oil, garlic, pepper, salt, and seasoning evenly. Also, add a second layer of tomato and cover it with the oil mixture.
- When it ready, remove the vegetables from the oven and place the quail eggs on top, which will turn into half-baked fried eggs on the hot tomatoes. If you like steep eggs, put the vegetables and eggs in the oven for another 3 minutes.
- Serve as a separate meal with chopped onion leaves or with a side dish.
How to Peel Tomatoes:
Video by Phil Crockett