The Ukrainian diaspora in Canada found an old cookbook published in 1917 in Edmonton, Alberta. This book contains several authentic Ukrainian recipes that everyone has forgotten about. The book was called “Ukrainian-English cook”. We will adapt the recipe of Ukrainian borsch to modern cooking. But just a little. Because ideally, you need to use a pot of pottery and put it in the oven. So, how to cook borsch according to a recipe from a book? Read and remember:
Directions0/0 steps made
- Cut the beets into strips. Pour 2 liters of cold water and cook in a saucepan.
- Chop the onion and parsley and add to the saucepan. Leave to simmer for 1.5 hours over low heat.
- Separately, in another saucepan, cook pork or beef in 1 liter of water. Cook over low heat for 1.5 hours.
- Add salt to the bowl in which the beets are cooked. Pour the contents of a saucepan of beets into a saucepan of meat. Pour carefully so as not to burn yourself with the boiling water. Or let the boiling water cool slightly.
- Put a tablespoon of sugar in the borsch.
- Take thick sour cream and put a tablespoon of the flour in it. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the borsch slowly, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with herbs.
As you can see, the dish turns out to be very high in calories. You have to consider this.
How old Ukrainians cooked the borsch:
Source of the video: TSN.ua