Beans are an easily digestible protein. Also, beans are hearty and tasty. That is why it is often used in Ukrainian recipes — red borsch with beans and beef.
White beans hold the record for the amount of aluminum, boron, potassium, calcium, magnesium, and copper. It also contains a lot of sulfur, phosphorus, and iron. Vitamins of group B, as well as C, E, K, and essential amino acids, are needed for the health of the body. So when you cook and eat Ukrainian borsch with beans, your body gets all these elements.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Soak beans in water for 8-10 hours before cooking.
- Put beans and a piece of beef in boiling water. It is desirable that the piece was not only with meat but also with bone. During cooking, the bone will secrete gelatin. Therefore borsch will have a very good taste and consistency.
- It is better to boil thoroughly a beef 1-1,5 hours.
- While meat is boiling, a beet, bow, bell pepper, and carrot to cut with a straw.
- To warm up a frying pan and pour its sunflower-seed oil (or any other).
- Put chopped greens on a frying pan and fry a little.
- Then add tomato paste, pour a little water, stir. Here to add salt and spices. Fry the whole mixture for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Pour the contents of the pan into the boiling broth. Put potatoes cut into small slices there.
- Boil the mixture for 20 minutes and put the chopped cabbage. In 15 minutes the borsch is ready. Also, add the finely chopped cloves of garlic.
- Borsch is like a good wine. It is better when it is a little infused. Then its taste will be deeper and richer. Serve with sour cream and parsley.
How to boil beans for red borsch with beans and beef:
Video by simplecookingrecipes