The roots of culinary herbs are very healthy, aromatic, and tasty. Celery root contains potassium, magnesium, calcium, sodium, which helps to saturate the body with useful minerals. Fennel has a positive effect on the digestive tract. Celery root helps cleanse and rejuvenate the body, and also acts as a general tonic. Also, this root improves metabolism in the body and promotes weight loss.
Ukrainian borsch is a product in which you can combine the roots of culinary herbs with the main vegetable composition. The result is a wonderful dish that can be prepared both vegetarian and in meat broth. Let’s prepare a fragrant borsch with roots on lamb meat and bones.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Fill the ribs and meat of the lamb with cold water. Cook as long as possible, but 1.5 hours is enough. The longer the bones are boiled, the stronger the broth will be.
- Cut the potatoes into small pieces. Add to the broth.
- Cut the fennel, celery, and parsley roots into large strips. If the roots of the parsley, celery, and fennel had any herbs, cut them off and use them for serving. Fry the roots in vegetable oil for 10 minutes, cover the frying pan. Add the fried roots to the saucepan of broth when it’s done.
- Cut the beets, carrots, and onions into large stripes too. Fry until golden brown in a pan. Add tomato sauce. Stir for 10 minutes. Add to the saucepan of broth.
- After 10 minutes, add chopped cabbage there.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cook for 15 minutes. Serve with sour cream, herbs.
How to cook fennel:
Video by Clean & Delicious