Spinach is a very healthy plant that contains potassium, iron, and manganese. It is recommended for people with anemia and in the recovery period after the illness. Spinach has a mild anti-inflammatory.
There is also a lot of iodine in spinach, which is beneficial for residents of areas with insufficient iodization of water and food. Including spinach in your diet can make up for a deficiency in this micronutrient.
This is why spinach is often used instead of sorrel in Ukrainian green borsch. You can use fresh or frozen spinach.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Prepare the meat broth. Just put a chicken meet on bones in 2 liters of boiling water.
- In 30 min into the broth add the sliced onions and potatoes, carrot, and spices.
- In 10 minutes in mixture add all crushed fresh or frozen spinach, and herbs. Then remove cookware with borsch from fire. Thus, the vitamins will not be able to rapidly disintegrate.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice into the cooked borsch.
- Then finely chop the eggs and add to borsch.
- Before serving, dissolve 1-2 tablespoons of sour cream in each plate.
How to cook spinach:
Video by Natural Health Remedies