If you cooked salmon baked in spinach and bacon according to our recipe for a festive table on Christmas or New Year’s, or you simply baked a whole large salmon, you definitely have a lot of fish left. Great if there are even a few pieces left. Ideal if there are 400 grams of salmon left. It will make excellent fish borsch.
Why is salmon good for borsch? Because it contains a lot of useful fat and almost no fish smell. If there is any smoked bacon on the fish, do not remove it. It will be useful for us too. The bacon will give the borsch a good flavor. And even more, conceals the possible smell of fish.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Chop the bacon-wrapped salmon or baked salmon into large chunks. Set aside.
- Boil 2 liters of water in a saucepan. Add bay leaves.
- Peel and wash potatoes, onions, carrots, and beets. Cut it into thick strips. Fry vegetables in a frying pan with olive oil or any other vegetable oil.
- Add the tomato sauce to the frying pan. Cook all of this for 5 minutes. Put the salmon slices. Mix gently, don’t chop the salmon.
- Pour the contents of a frying pan into boiling water. Keep frying for 15 minutes.
- Cut half the cabbage head into strips. Cook for another 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with sour cream. Or caviar and sour cream parsley dressing that was cooked for salmon in bacon according to the recipe. If you still have it, of course.
On the basis of this salmon with spinach and bacon, you can cook the same borsch, but green. You can cook it easily. The recipe for this green borsch will help you. Just replace the meat with fish.
How to cut salmon you can see here:
Source of the video: Hiroyuki Terada – Diaries of a Master Sushi Chef