If you are advised to consume collagen for health reasons, do not immediately look for supplements. You can use an old Slavic and Ukrainian dish. This is pork jellied meat, which the housewives prepared most often for big holidays. Thus, jellied meat became a real festive dish for Christmas, and later for the New Year. Served most often with beetroot horseradish sauce and finely chopped herbs.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Rinse well one small pork shank on a bone weighing up to 1-1.5 kg. The more meat, the stronger the broth. And you don’t need to add gelatin.
- Put the pork shank in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Add bay leaves, black pepper, and salt to taste.
- When it boils, add whole carrots, onions, and a bunch of parsley tied with natural thread. You put parsley for the smell. Therefore, the knitted thread is easier to get out of the broth. Leave to simmer over low heat for 5-6 hours. Better to cook overnight to cool the meat by morning.
- In the morning, take out the shank from the broth, take out the bones from it.
- Take meat and vegetables, grind in a blender or cut vegetables and meat into small pieces to taste.
- Cut the garlic into very small pieces and pour into the cooled broth. By the way, if the broth has cooled down completely by morning, heat it up a little on the stove.
- Spread the mixture of meat and vegetables into plates, press well on the plate. Pour the garlic broth gently over the top.
- Place the meat jelly in the refrigerator. Wait for it to harden and turn to jelly. If there was enough meat, the jellied meat will be hard and will not spread.
- Serve with herbs or beetroot horseradish sauce.
How to cook jellied meat, a similar recipe:
Source of the video: TandiCOOK