This is a complete winter nutritious borsch that Ukrainians love to cook. Beef contains useful trace elements such as potassium, sulfur, phosphorus, folic acid, etc. Boiled beef helps to remove excess fluid from the body, normalizes heart function, cleanses the blood and increases coagulability, strengthens the skeleton, teeth, nervous system, and is useful during pregnancy.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Cut the beef into small pieces. Pour cold water into a saucepan and add meat there. Also, put bay leaves in the water.
- Chop the onions, carrots, potato, and beets into strips. Fry in a frying pan in vegetable oil. Add the tomato sauce after 10 minutes.
- Pour the boiling vegetable sauce into the broth. Make sure the tomato sauce is not too sour. Because soon we will also put sour cabbage in the dish.
- Allow broth and vegetables to simmer and exchange flavors for up to 30 minutes.
- Now you can add sauerkraut. Boil for another 15 minutes. If you cook it longer, that’s fine too.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with sour cream and parsley or onion leaves.
How to cook sauerkraut you can see there:
Source of the video: Bon Appétit