If you’re still wondering what to cook for dinner, try this cabbage and pork dish. Aromatic cabbage and nutritious meat will perfectly complement your menu. Moreover, cabbage is very useful. This winter vegetable contains vitamins A, B, E, and K, as well as calcium, potassium, magnesium, and a lot of cellulose.
That is why it is added to borsch and other dishes. Take note: the more head of cabbage, the more minced meat you could put inside leaves.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Carefully disassemble the cabbage into leaves. Dip all of the leaves in a pot of salted water. Boil for 15 minutes, so that the cabbage is soft enough, but does not turn into mucus. Or you can blanch cabbage.
- Prepare the minced meat for stuffing. Take ready-made minced meat from the store or chop pork, bacon, and onions, salt, black pepper in a meat grinder.
- Try to chop the meat well. And to make the minced meat softer, add a few tablespoons of tomato sauce and sour cream.
- Also, add some rice to the minced meat. So stuffed cabbage will not look like a cutlet.
- Remove the cabbage leaves from the saucepan. Refrigerate slightly. Cut off the hard parts of the leaves.
- Put a spoonful of minced meat with rice in the middle of the leaf and wrap it up.
- Place the stuffed cabbage in the stewpan. Pour the cabbage rolls with tomato sauce and sour cream, add chopped carrots and onions. Simmer for 50 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream.
How to blanch cabbage:
Video by Ronda Scorpio