Red borsch with dry crucian carp, as evidenced by old records, was a favorite dish in Ukraine since the time of the famous poet Taras Shevchenko, who also loved to eat this. The poet mentions this dish in his letters and works. Borsch with dry carp was a very popular dish among all segments of the population. In fact, to prepare this dish, you had to cook lenten borsch and dried carp. You need to fry crucian carp almost as we suggested in one of our recipes. Fry them to dry so they are crunchy.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Prepare the borsch.
Soak white beans in warm water for 1 hour. Boil the beans in 2.5 liters of water for 1 hour.
- Peel, wash and cut potatoes into large pieces, add them to boiling water.
- Cut peeled beets into small strips and add them to the pot as well.
- Finely chop the cabbage and place it in a saucepan. Add sauerkraut there too.
- Chop the onions and carrots. Grate salty pickled tomatoes, remove the skins from them before.
- Pour sunflower oil into a preheated pan and add carrots, fry until golden brown. Add to the frying pan chopped onion and fry until golden brown. After add tomatoes, salt, and black pepper to this.
- Take 3 cloves of garlic, peel, and cut into small pieces, add garlic and bay leaves to the borsch.
Put small crucian carp, peel off the lusks. Apply a herringbone stripe pattern to the top of the skin so that it reaches the bones. Dip the fish in wheat flour.
- A few tablespoons of sunflower oil pour into the frying pan and add the chopped garlic clove. We do not need to fry them but dry them on both sides for 5-10 minutes. Thus, the small bones of the crucian carp dry out, become crunchy and invisible when you eat them.
- In a bowl place the borsch, sprinkle with dill or parsley. Dry crucian carp put on a plate, head down, like a spoon. Leave the plate for 10 minutes to let the carp smell and taste the liquid. And now you can eat.
Borsch with fish by Ievgen Klopotenko:
Video by FILM.UA Group