Lean meals are traditionally prepared during religious lent. Indeed, such borsch contains all the necessary ingredients that the body needs during a diet. One of the best dishes is borsch with mushrooms. Because mushrooms are a hearty protein ingredient. White mushroom belongs to the first category.
Why are mushrooms good for you?
It contains many beneficial substances, in particular riboflavin, which is responsible for the normal function of the thyroid gland, the growth of nails, hair, skin, and the health of the body in general. Dried porcini mushrooms contain a special substance, which is used in the treatment of angina pectoris. So, let’s cook it.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Dice mushrooms, onions, carrots, cabbage, and bell peppers.
- Pour sunflower oil on the bottom of the pan. Add the already chopped vegetables. Fry until golden brown.
- Add dried mushrooms, tomato sauce, bay leaf, salt, and black pepper. Wait 5 minutes.
- Pour water into the pan.
- Chop the potatoes and add them to the boiling mixture.
- Leave the pan on the fire for another 40 minutes.
- It can be served with sour cream. Fresh herbs displace the taste and smell of mushrooms. So it is better without greens.
How to cut vegetables into stripes:
Video by Dr. Dean Ornish