Easter family recipes are a unique culinary heritage. If you don’t have any family recipes yet, Easter is a good time to start. This Easter cake recipe appeared in our family, thanks to our grandmother. She didn’t invent it herself, it’s just that all women in our family traditionally cook it for three generations in a row.
Now I want to share this recipe with you so that you also have your own recipe. After all, everyone cooks in their own way. When I cook this recipe, I remember my grandmother.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Stir half the flour, yeast, warm milk, a few tablespoons of sugar and put in a warm place for 2 hours.
- Beat the whites separately, also beat the yolks separately with the remaining sugar. Melt the butter in a water bath.
- Mix all these ingredients with raisins, dried apricots and orange zest and vanilla. You will get a dough with a consistency like thick sour cream.
- When the dough has risen a little, place it in a mold about 1/3 of the volume of the mold. Leave the dough in the mold for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Then bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven, let cool slightly. If you want, garnish the cake with egg whites whipped with sugar and dried fruit.
Why dried apricots are good for you: