Wow, your loved ones with these impressive Striped Crepes with Chicken that resemble zebra skin. This easy-to-follow recipe features a secret ingredient to achieve the perfect stripes: cuttlefish or squid ink. Simply purchase these ingredients and follow the step-by-step instructions to create a stunning and delicious meal that will leave your family and friends in awe.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Cook the chicken breast in salted water. Drain it and cool it on a plate.
- Prepare the filling. Put boiled breast and onion into a mixer, and chop until smooth. Add some black pepper powder to the filling.
- Make a classic pancake dough. Combine eggs, milk, salt, sugar, and sunflower oil, and whisk well. Add the sifted flour to the plate and stir the dough.
- Separate some dough and add cuttlefish or squid ink there. Mix well.
- Preheat a frying pan, and grease it with oil. Pour a little less than a scoop of dough, pour the dough and ink on top, making the pancake striped. Fry crepes on both sides until golden brown.
- Wrap the chicken filling in crepes. Cut each stuffed pancake in half. Arrange on plates. Serve with a fresh vegetable salad.
What is squid ink (for Striped Crepes with Chicken):
Video by danieldelaney
Benefits of making the Striped Crepes with Chicken
- High in Protein: This recipe contains chicken, an excellent source of protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing muscle tissue. It supports overall health and well-being.
- Nutritious Ingredients: The crepes in this recipe are made with whole wheat flour, a healthier alternative to white flour. Whole wheat flour is rich in fiber, which can help regulate digestion and promote feelings of fullness. Additionally, the vegetables in this recipe, such as bell peppers and onions, provide a variety of vitamins and minerals.
- Delicious and Satisfying: The Striped Crepes with the Chicken recipe is both delicious and satisfying. The combination of savory chicken, flavorful vegetables, and creamy sauce is sure to please your taste buds and keep you feeling full and satisfied.
- Versatile: This recipe is highly versatile and can be customized to your preferences. You can use different types of vegetables or sauces, or even substitute the chicken for another protein source, such as tofu or shrimp.
- Easy to Make: Despite its impressive appearance, this recipe is quite easy to make. With just a few simple ingredients and some basic cooking skills, you can create a beautiful and delicious meal that is sure to impress your friends and family.
Overall, the Striped Crepes with a Chicken recipe from Proborsch is a nutritious, delicious, and versatile meal option that satisfies your hunger and taste buds.
Risks of this recipe
While the Striped Crepes with a Chicken recipe is generally considered safe and healthy, there are a few potential risks to consider:
- Allergies and Food Sensitivities: This recipe contains wheat flour, which may be problematic for individuals with gluten intolerance or celiac disease. Additionally, some people may have allergies or sensitivities to other ingredients in the recipe, such as dairy or chicken.
- High in Sodium: The sauce in this recipe contains soy sauce, which is high in sodium. Consuming too much sodium can increase blood pressure and contribute to other health problems, such as heart disease and stroke.
- Cooking Hazards: As with any recipe that involves cooking with hot surfaces or oil, there is a risk of burns or other injuries. It is important to use caution and follow proper cooking techniques to minimize these risks.
- Nutritional Imbalance: Depending on the serving size and how the recipe is prepared, it is possible that this meal may not provide a balanced mix of macronutrients (carbohydrates, protein, and fat) or micronutrients (vitamins and minerals). For example, if the crepes are cooked in a lot of oil or if the sauce is very high in fat, the meal may be unbalanced and not as nutritious as it could be.
Keep in mind, that you can reduce these risks by modifying the recipe or taking necessary precautions while cooking. Before deciding whether to prepare this dish, consider your individual needs and preferences.