The most interesting thing in cooking is combining different tastes, the compatibility of which you did not even know. When you find such an interesting and easy recipe for dinner, you should definitely try it. In Ukraine, this salad is called Royal. Perhaps because it contains very simple, healthy, and tasty components that, in synergy, give an amazing taste and an unforgettable aftertaste.
Yes, this is not molecular cuisine, but I think many chefs have already tried to disassemble this taste into molecules and create culinary masterpieces. The recipe will appeal to vegans, people on a weight loss diet, or a healthy diet.
Why is this salad good for you?
Beets contain many vitamins and minerals. Boiled beets increase the level of hemoglobin in the blood, expands and cleanses blood vessels from “bad” cholesterol, lowers blood pressure. Also, this vegetable removes excess water from the body, removes toxins and toxins from the body, regulates lipid metabolism, and protects the liver from obesity. It also reduces the recovery time of the body after physical and mental stress and also increases endurance.
Walnuts are also good for blood vessels. Potassium and magnesium in its composition strengthen the walls of blood vessels, normalize blood pressure, and lower cholesterol levels. Zinc and iodine found in walnuts are beneficial for skin, hair, nails, and the thyroid gland.
Prunes are rich in vitamins A, B, E, and C, which strengthen the immune system, normalize the work of the stomach and the cardiovascular system. Potassium, calcium, sodium, magnesium, phosphorus in prunes are good for bones, teeth, hair, and skin.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Boil the beets for 2 hours. Depending on the variety of beets and their density, you can cook them for 3 hours. Use a fork or bamboo stick to check if the vegetable is done.
- Peel the boiled beets and grate them.
- Soak prunes in boiling water for 10 minutes and dry. Cut into small pieces as you like.
- Chop walnuts according to your mood. You can leave it in large halves.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir well. Add sour cream, mayonnaise, or vegetable oil to taste.
- The salad you can eat immediately after preparation. However, it acquires the richest taste after a few hours, when the nuts swell.
How to Peel Beets Quick:
Video by cookingguide