Let’s cook pumpkin hearts — a light snack that will surprise anyone with its non-standard combination of ingredients. It’s just a great idea to create food that is enjoyable to eat and watch. This meal is especially suitable for those who wanted to find a non-standard way to include hearts in the serving for two.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Remove the seeds from the very thick-walled pumpkin and cut them into 2 cm thick. A heart-shaped mold should fit the width of the pumpkin. Therefore, you need to initially select the pumpkin for the mold.
- Boil or bake the pumpkin however you like. The idea is that the pumpkin should be very soft and not fall apart or burn. We will boil it in water and closely monitor the density.
- In another saucepan, cook the shrimp in salted water with your favorite spices for 20 minutes. In our recipe, we use black pepper, fenugreek, dry parsley powder.
- Remove the shrimp from the boiling water, peel in such a way that the shrimp with which you will decorate the appetizer has a tail. That is, you need to calculate the number of shrimp for the resulting pumpkin hearts. The other half turn into shrimp meat.
- Grind cream cheese and shrimp meat with a little salt into the mousse. Cut the onion leaves and knead them in the garbage with a spoon.
- Soak the rest of the shrimp for decor in an oyster sauce and olive oil marinade. You just need to mix them gently with your hands in the marinade and leave them for 5 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan and fry the shrimp on both sides until golden brown. Remove from heat and place on a napkin to remove oil.
- Arrange the pumpkin hearts on a serving platter, place a spoonful of shrimp cream cheese on top. Place fried shrimp on each heart. Serve with cold white wine.
Why is pumpkin good for you?
Video by Health Benefits TV