What’s better than making fruit jelly for kids and family? Viscous and beneficial dessert pleases the eyes and receptors both in winter and summer. You may have already tried different types of jellies from every possible fruit and berry. We know how to surprise you. Let’s make jelly from dried fruits.
Dried fruits are a magical treasure trove of vitamins and microelements. This superfood is very popular in Ukraine. People make a compote from dried fruits, which they call Uzvar. The composition of dried fruits can also vary. Most often it includes pieces of dried apples, pears, wild pears, prunes or dried cherries, quince, or rose hips. You can buy a set of dry fruits or dry the ones you have in abundance.
Directions0/0 steps made
- So, let’s cook Uzvar. Just pour the dry ingredients into the water, let them simmer for 2 hours, and brew for a few hours. But it is better to cook the compote overnight and return to it in the morning. It can get a little hazy overnight but will be tastier. If you want a clear amber color, cook right away.
- Prepare the gelatin. Soak it in warm water to swell. Then pour some boiled water and the swollen gelatin into a small metal bowl or mug. Heat until the gelatin dissolves and strain the solution through a sieve.
- Also, strain and heat the compote a little and add honey or sugar to taste. Compote is sour and slightly sweet, consider this.
- Mix the resulting solution with liquid gelatin and pour into molds. Refrigerate until hardened.
- Serve with raisins, candied fruits, and nuts.
How to use powdered gelatin:
Video by Bake Club