This is one of the easiest dough recipes you can ever see. It only needs a few ingredients. Your kids will love to eat and cook this dessert. You have heard different versions of the name of this recipe: pierogi, dumplings, vareniki. In Ukraine, where people have been cooking them for a long time, all called them varenyky. Fillings and doughs are different. We will prepare one of the simplest recipes — cherry pierogies with sour cream.
Directions0/0 steps made
- For the filling, you can use fresh cherries with sugar or jam with whole cherries in their own juice. Cherries should be pitted. The jam must be thrown in a colander to remove the juice from the cherries. Sprinkle fresh cherries with sugar in a colander. The berries should be as dry as possible.
- To prepare the dough, take sifted wheat flour and pour vegetable oil and hot saltwater into it in a thin stream, mix with a spoon. Knead the dough well with your hands for at least 15 minutes. Let the dough rest in a dish covered with a towel for about 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into several pieces. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough approximately 5 mm thick. Using a culinary mold, make circles with a diameter of 5-7 cm or form a base for the filling from the dough with your hands.
- Place 4-6 cherries in each circle of dough and mold the edges together.
- Pour water into a saucepan, lightly salt and bring to a boil. Put cherry pierogies in boiling water and cook for 20 minutes. If the pierogies are ready, they float up.
- Carefully remove the pierogies from the boiling water, drain the water from them. Put a piece of butter on top and sprinkle with sugar. Serve about sour cream.
How to prepare pierogi:
Video by Food Insider